A Thousand Miles in His Shoes

One can really never stand in judgment of another person, but if you had to evaluate another person's character be sure to have walked in his shoes.The 1000 mile challenge is not only about walking (or in this case running) in an athletes shoes, but also an opportunity for the challenger to break away from his daily humdrum and take the time to run with his hair in the wind, challenging the elements and being triumphant and hearing his own breathing that speaks of the One that put the breath there, by calling Him by name - YHWH - the name of the living God. (Pronounce the letters representing God's name phonetically and it sounds like heavy breathing. Every breath you breathe is in fact calling to your God.)

This gives time to speak and be Spoken to.

I plan to complete this challenge in the year of 2009 and like much in my life, I am already behind.I would like you - anyone - to join me in this challenge. Write your comments on your daily run and bless me and others with your experiences on the road.

My 1000 Mile Runner's Log

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Photos on my run


Though there is a long trail one could run, I do most of my time on this road.













This river has some of the biggest Steelhead and Salmon one will ever see. There is a waterfall close to my home where the fish have to jump about 6' to 8' high if they are to make it to their upriver breading waters. I often sit on this pinnacle rock that hangs over the river and watch the fish jump clear out of the water within a meter or less from where i would be sitting. If I wanted to, I could take a net and catch huge fish right in the air there. But to see the struggle that these fish go through just to make it up this waterfall is far more rewarding. They often try 4 to 5 times before they make it or perhaps give up to try another day.
These fish have gauges out of their flesh as they struggle up the river, fighting elements and each other for dominance to be the ones to secure the species' survival.
Sometimes I wonder if things wouldn't have been better if man had a similar process of securing a better gene pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment