A Thousand Miles in His Shoes

One can really never stand in judgment of another person, but if you had to evaluate another person's character be sure to have walked in his shoes.The 1000 mile challenge is not only about walking (or in this case running) in an athletes shoes, but also an opportunity for the challenger to break away from his daily humdrum and take the time to run with his hair in the wind, challenging the elements and being triumphant and hearing his own breathing that speaks of the One that put the breath there, by calling Him by name - YHWH - the name of the living God. (Pronounce the letters representing God's name phonetically and it sounds like heavy breathing. Every breath you breathe is in fact calling to your God.)

This gives time to speak and be Spoken to.

I plan to complete this challenge in the year of 2009 and like much in my life, I am already behind.I would like you - anyone - to join me in this challenge. Write your comments on your daily run and bless me and others with your experiences on the road.

My 1000 Mile Runner's Log

Friday, February 20, 2009

Difficult to self motivate

It has been a week since I last went to run. I have been feeling a little under the weather, but today Esme' got into her pushcart when I mentioned my need to go running. All that's left is to teach her to say "let's go Pappai", and she would be the perfect taskmaster. It was only a matter of moments and I was ready to run. What a motivator.

She goes into a sort of a trans when she is in the cart and moving. Completely quiet and often takes a nap on the way. I need to get a set of speakers that would play some music for the two of us while on the road. I like to listen to inspirational music while running. I find it drives me to greater heights and gives me purpose for my running - to hear the voice of God speak to my soul. Oh, how my soul pants for His voice, just like a dear pants for water. I think it serves a little like a reset button and you get to start again with a fresh boot-up.

I will have to increase the frequency or the distance of my runs if I am to reach my goal. This last weak I got myself hit with a racquetball. The spot, white in the middle with the colours of the rainbow all around, turns black and blue and green. As the broken vessels cause bleeding to flood the flesh around the actual spot it is this blood that cause severe pain and lasted for a week now. I really believe that much of my energy went to recover that injury and the sad part is that after tonight I have a brand new ball mark on my love handle.

I am glad to see that at least one other person might take up the challenge. Give us your stats so that we could see how this challenge changes you over the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment